15/04/2011

Future?

I wonder what the future has to tell me about my life, I read the horoscopes whenever I have a chance. Sometimes its useful and sometimes its not, but it still amuses me. Why are we all so fascinated by the future? Me for one would like to live in the 'now' but clearly like most people worry way too much about the future. And when I say most people I mean people in my situation. No permanent job, no sure view of a permanent job in the nearest present, working toward one goal at a time, at present that is finishing this beast of a project and getting back into the real world, no life partner (the ex is no exception to this, as we were never going to stay together forever and we both understood that), no real hobbies other than spending time with friends, no real interests other than completing most of above mentioned points and no idea what I want to do with that supposedly promising future ahead of me. Still I keep smiling and keep going, although inside me the flame is far from burning strong. How do I regain that passion and strength I once had? I am trying, I am. I am trying to live more in the present, treat people the way I would like them to treat me, but I always fail miserably. My life always becomes a drama ... at some point or another, at least my relationships with other people. Sometimes I fail them, sometimes they fail me, but mostly its me. My moods, my arrogance, my behaviour, my unwillingness to stop drinking alcohol when I really should have two-three hours ago. Well, what can you do? as the husband would say. So I live my life on a balance between drama and utter boredom. Maybe that's what's wrong, I see the world as either a high pace drama-filled adventure or a tranquillity that ends in mass suicides.

No comments: